Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Its a new year

Pin It Its a new year! Hope everyone had a great holiday season and a wonderful new year. We were super busy with wrapping presents, shopping, baking goodies and traveling. But of course... not too busy for crafts... Tehe. What have you guys been up to? Make anything cool?

I got one present that I was extreeemely excited about... A Cricut Imagine! Sqeal! The hubs is a rockstar. I havent made anything yet with it... Still gotta figure it out. But Im super excited!!

Here are some things I did over the holiday break:

 




Wrapping and baking! The two pictures of food above are of Cracker Candy, and Peppermint Bark. The cracker candy is amazing! It is made out of saltine crackers! I never thought a saltine could taste so delicious! Easy to make and yummy - my key ingredients!

Cracker Candy Recipe:
2 sticks of butter (not margarine)
1 cup of brown sugar
40 saltines
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with a nonstick cooking spray. Neatly arrange crackers to fill pan.
Melt butter and brown sugar and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers and spread evenly. Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over the crackers evenly. Wait about 3 minutes (they will melt) and then spread over crackers with back of spoon. Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over crackers and tap in with back of spoon.

Enjoy! They are sooo yummy! My family gobbled them up in no time flat.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Let me know if you make it, and how it turned out! Pin It

1 comment:

Creations By Cindy said...

I hve enjoyed looking at your blog. So much so I am your newest follower. God bless!