Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cheese Grater {Pumpkins}

Pin It I have been seeing SO many cute pumpkin ideas out there now that Fall is pretty much here. Lots of creative ways to DIY or dress up your pumpkins... But I don't think I've seen pumpkins made out of this particular material yet... Wanna know what I made some pumpkins out of? Here they are!


Cheese Grater Pumpkins!! I have a couple of old rusted antique cheese graters that I was looking at the other day, and suddenly it hit me. Aha! Yes, I will pumpkins out of cheese graters! Now, don't worry. I didn't use my antique ones. Duh.


I really love how they turned out. And they make perfect luminaries. I just put some little glass votives inside, and boom. Let there be light. And I think the chevron fabric for the "leaves" tops it off nice. I'm really digging the chevron now. I wasn't so much about it at first, but now. I love it.


Sooo, what do you think? These were so fun and easy to make! I'll be posting a tutorial on how I did these soon. Have you made pumpkins out of anything unusual, or decorated them in a cute new way?

Photobucket



Linking Up Here:
Fall Party

Fox Hollow Cottage
 
Monday:
 
Skip To My Lou
UndertheTableandDreaming






Tuesday:




 
Sugar Bee Crafts
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






Today's Creative Blog
blah2beautiful





Wednesday:





 

Organize and Decorate Everything






 





Thursday:
52 Mantels

shabby creek cottage


A Crafty Soiree Photobucket
 
Friday:
 






Tickled Pink at 504 Main


One Artsy Mama

Photobucket The Shabby Nest

Liz Marie Blog

five days five ways | feature friday free for all




 

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

Saturday:






Positively Splendid




Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming
I Heart Nap Time

 
The Girl Creative

Monthly:
TDC Before and After
Pin It

23 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness! How cute!!!!! I love them!

Ann said...

Wow, how creative, the orange votive makes the grater looks like it orange too. Great idea.
Ann

Shannon Fox said...

These are really, REALLY cute. Would be darling on my kitchen counter :)))

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hi, I love these and I have one that I can redo. It's all country right now and I'm kind of sick of it. Did you spray these? If so what color?

My sister and I are having a Pumpkin Party over at our blog and would love for you to join in with these unusual "pumpkins". Hope you come over. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/09/thirty-days-of-pumpkins.html

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I think those are the cutest and the cleverest!! I would love to make some for my kitchen shelf and I'll look forward to your tutorial!

Bobi Jensen said...

Those are fun!

Bobi
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

Ricki Treleaven said...

Very cute idea! :D

Linking from Debbidoos,
Ricki Jill

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Cute and clever idea! I just might have a shelf in my kitchen just right for this little project :)
JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Cute! I did this at Christmas many years ago but forgot about it!

I'm linking up with my pumpkins past! ♥

Tanya said...

How cute & creative! Visiting from Happy Hour =)

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Super cute! What a great idea! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but are they painted orange? I love them!! I'm now following you and I would love for you to follow me back!! Cheers~ Deanna

Craftberry Bush said...

You're right, never seen those before...super creative...love the touch of placing a little candle inside...thank you so much for linking up again this week....happy you came...xo

Elise Engh said...

Super cute and unique! Where did you get the antique cheese graters.

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Pinned these!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

What a great idea! Those are too cute! Would love for you to link up to the Pomp Party!

www.createcraftlove.com/2012/09/pomp-party-36.html

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh my goodness. I am so in love with this!

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic

Meredith @ Wait Til Your Father Gets Home said...

What a cool idea! LOVE this!

You should come join the Great Pumpkin party that I'm hosting with Happy Hour Projects and One Artsy Mama! http://www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com/2012/09/05/2664/

Nicole @WonkyW said...

What a great & definitely new idea for pumpkin decor :)

Unknown said...

This idea is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE IT Katie! :D

Geri O said...

Wow what a cute idea. I love it.

srpprcrftr said...

That's a very original cute idea to make a pumpkin with. Who'da thunk it? Did you paint the graters orange or is that the candles inside making them look orange? Whichever way it's incredible. I"m a new subscriber so will be looking forward to seeing your next project. Really great blog.

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

This is SO creative! LOVE it! I'm including this in a 13 for Halloween: Decor roundup on my blog tomorrow, with one pic and a link back to this post. Great job : )

Majestic Entertainment Group said...

I have a contemporary rustic home, so I keep these out year 'round. I use the square graters mixed with old fashioned round graters. One warning: The handles that go over the top of the square ones get very hot with real candles. I suggest battery powered candles. Love them!