Sunday, January 15, 2012

Savory Sundays

Pin It So I've had a lot on my mind these past few days... Having a second child, my career, my almost 4 month old son, my household..... And of course my projects and recipes! And when I have this much to think about, its hard for me to sleep. I cant shut my brain off. And when I cant shut my brain off, no matter what I'm currently thinking of, my mind always eventually drifts over to two things: the two C's: Cooking and crafts.

And then I have to go do one or the other. With my dining table already covered in unfinished projects, I opted to get into the kitchen. I have been craving cinnamon rolls like a crazed person... But I just have not been in the mood to put all the effort it takes into making cinnamon rolls. Because if you're gonna eat cinnamon rolls, they have to be from scratch. Its the only way.

So to cure this craving I could only find one solution: Mini cinnamon rolls made out of crescent roll dough. It takes a wee bit of effort, so I feel like I'm actually doing something, but there's no waiting around for hours so that the dough can rise... And then rise again... Nope. With these all you do is sprinkle on a few ingredients and roll them up. Bing. Bang. Boom. I found this sweet recipe on Pinterest and its pinned on my Simply Sweet board. Here is where the recipe came from. Mine is a little different than hers. I didn't use brown sugar because I don't like how chewy it made the rolls. And I also used more milk and syrup in my icing.


How. Cute. Is that? I know. Adorable. And delicious.

So, all you gotta do is this:

What you'll need:
1 can of crescent rolls
cinnamon
sugar
1-2 tablespoons of butter

Icing:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
3 tablespoons of milk

Unroll the crescents and separate into 2 sheets (4 triangles to each sheet). Pinch all the seams together, and then flip and pinch again. Roll to about 1/4 inch thickness. Brush on butter. Feel free to use as much or as little butter as you like. Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar. Once again, use as much or as little as you like, and mix to taste. Roll up the sheet tightly and then cut into 8-10 even slices (depending on how big or small you make them).



Coat the mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, and place the mini rolls into the cups. Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350, or until golden brown on top.



Perrrrfect. While the rolls are baking, whip up the icing. Whisk the milk, syrup, and powdered sugar together. Set aside.


And yes, that's on a Christmas plate. I just finished getting rid of them. Overstock much?
So what do you think? Mouth watering? Oh yeah. Mine is. And of course, what better way to enjoy a scrumptious Sunday breakfast than to pair it with MIMOSAS!



Must have. Alas, they are gone, but at least my cinnamon roll craving has been curbed... for a bit.
Hope you enjoy, and send me pics or let me know how yours turned out if you try it!

Until next time... Pin It

No comments: