Sunday, April 22, 2012

Savory Sunday {11} The Hubsters Birthday Party

Pin It So I made these great cupcakes for my Hubs' birthday. It was in March. Yeah, just a little slow getting this up. Whatevs.

Does your house ever look like this while you're preparing for a party?






Stuff on every counter. I barely had room to get all the cooking done! We had a fajita cookout for my husband and his twin brothers 28th birthday, and everything turned out great! I made baked jalapeno poppers, bean dip, and these really tasty Samoa Cupcakes. They both love samoas, and I found this great recipe at chef in training (click on the samoa link above to see the recipe!). Well, I didn't actually get around to making all the cupcakes I wanted to. I'm still working on getting my timing down when it comes to parties, and apparently I didn't schedule quite enough time to get it all done. But what I was able to get done, was make one very large cupcake. And it was awesome! It had cream filling and everything!



And to display the dessert, I also made these fun cakes stands in coordinating colors to the plastic flatware I bought at the dollar store!


These were super easy to make. All it took was some dollar store candle sticks and plates, spray paint, and a little E6000. Wham Bam.

All in all it was a great time with friends and family! And I love throwing parties, so it was a win win!

Have you thrown any parties lately?

Until Next Time.....
        {Katie} Linking Up Here:
Monday:
Tuesday:


























blah2beautiful



A Diamond in the Stuff















Wednesday:












































 


Thursday:

shabby creek cottage


 
Friday:
 



Tickled Pink at 504 Main












One Artsy Mama


See Vanessa Craft















http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday



Saturday:







































Sunday


The Girl Creative


Pin It

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award :) You do an amazing job with your blog and you deserve some recognition! Click on over to my blog to see how your blog has been showcased and awarded :)

Blessings!!!!
Janiene
http://bishopsfamilysite.blogspot.com/2012/04/passing-on-blessing-liebster.html

beckylbranch said...

Just wanted to let you know: If you are a DFW blogger and would like to meet for social events & network with other local Dallas/Fort Worth bloggers please link up HERE: http://www.thejavamama.com/2012/04/dfw-blogger-directory-add-yoself.html

Denise said...

I want a pice of the cupcake! Looks delicious!

Denise said...

I want a pice of the cupcake! Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Did they have a good birthday? My little boy was 3 last Saturday but his party is in a few weeks.

The Kim Six Fix said...

You just need to say "cupcake" and "samoa" in the same sentence and I am all over that! NOM. Looks like it was a great party!

Unknown said...

WOW those cupcakes look like sheer sin. HA! I am sure hubby was beside himself.

Thanks for your comment love. Enjoy your day. xo, jen

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

I love your cupcake holders! I went to the dollar store today and couldnt find anything to craft with! I was a sad girl :(

Hope your hubby had a great birthday!

Unknown said...

Cute blog! I'm your newest follower!
Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Cute blog! I'm your newest follower!
Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

This looks insanely delicious! I love cupcakes and samoas, so these are right down my alley! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week!

Take care,

Trish

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

These look incredible!!!

--Katie