Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finally! I found one!

Pin It Soooo, happy Tuesday! I have been on a long search to find a really cute Christmas card holder. Ive seen a few that were ok, but nothing that I was really in love with. Unitl I was on Pinterest the other day, and saw this idea. And BAM! I was off to Hobby Lobby.

Materials For Christmas Card Holder:
1 piece of styrofoam, any size you want
1 yard of fabric (or size to fit the styrofoam)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Rafia Ribbon

Cut the fabric to fit the styrofoam, with about an inch to an inch and a half overlay on each side. Lay a strip of hot glue along the top edge of the styrofoam, then fold the fabric and hold until the hot glue cools. Repeat on all sides. Once all the sides are glued down, put a dot of glue under the folded corners so they'll stay down. Next get your rafia ribbon, and gather as much or as little as you like, depending on how thick you want the bow. Once its all gathered, take one small piece of rafia, and tie it around the bunch to keep it all together. Once its bound, glue it to the back of the styrofoam. Once the glue is dry, tie your bow.

And this is the result:



I will probably make more because Im not completely in love with this fabric, but I wanted desperately to make one of these, so I just chose the cutest fabric available. This close to the holidays, the picking is slim.

She used foam boards, and used hers as wall decoration, but I desperatley wanted a cute card holder, so thats the purpose mine are serving!

Hope you enjoyed it! Pin It

1 comment:

crafterhours said...

Cute!

Just tried to reply to your e-mail but your profile isn't "enabled", so folks can't reply directly to your comments. I'd suggest updating!

Hope your love affair lasts forever! :)

Susan